The Iowa Caucus date is February 1, 2016
Here is a link to the Iowa Secretary of State information because they explain much better than I ever could.
Below are the links to find your Caucus location.
These are the suggested ABATE Caucus Planks:
Energy and Transportation
- All State agencies safety policies, such as the Highway Patrol, Dept. of Transportation, Governor’s Safety Council, should focus on crash prevention instead of crash protection.
- The use of biofuels, such as ethanol blended gasoline, biodiesel, E85, MUST NOT be mandated.
- We oppose any mandatory helmet laws.
- The use of cameras or other unmanned devices for traffic enforcement, such as “red light” and “speed trap” cameras, must be abolished.
- To be accountable for the legislation they enact, Congress must pass the “Read the Bills” act
- Congress and the Federal government agencies must be prohibited from lobbying the States to change or pass laws.
- All Federal agencies, such as N.H.T.S.A., the N.T.S.B.. etc., must be prohibited from instituting regulations without the approval of Congress and/or that are prohibited by the Constitution.
- The Governor and Legislature of the State of Iowa must not submit to “blackmail” by Congress or and Federal Agencies.
- All State agencies, such as IDOT, the DNR, etc., must be prohibited from instituting regulations without the approval of the Legislature and/or that are prohibited by the Iowa Constitution.
Taxes and Spending
- Revenues collected for specific use, such as Road Use Fund or the Highway Safety Fund, must not be “raided” for the General Treasury or any other unintended use.
- To hold Congress fiscally accountable, their pensions, raises, etc., must be based on a balanced budget and the solvency of programs such as Social Security.
- To hold the Iowa Legislature fiscally accountable, their pensions, raises, etc, must be based on a balanced budget and the solvency of the State.